Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, August 16, 2010

July

Well now that it is 8/16 I decided I better get my July stuff posted. So much has happened since we got home from Iowa it feels like I just got home but in reality it as almost been a month. So to catch everyone up Chase and I went on our first big road trip by ourselves. We drove all the way to Iowa to see Lonna and Mark. As is the custom when work forces you to take 10 days off each summer to "save money" but really just making a calm summer into a hectic one because you have to play catch up. Forrest had to stay home as is now becoming a custom because he never gets vacation time. Chase and I loaded up and drove the two day trek to IA normally we fly but this year plane tickets where way more than driving and it was nice to have an extra vehicle since Lonna and Mark are in the process of moving into their retirement cabin in Keosaqua. We got to spend time in Oskaloosa at that house that they are prepping to sell as well as going to the zoo in Des Moines and then we spent a few days down at the cabin as well. This was the first time I had been to the cabin and it is very secluded on 40 acres of trees near the river with lots of tree frogs, firefly's and cicada's all of which we don't have in Idaho. Oh yeah and don't forget the deer lots of those too but only Forrest is thrilled about that. Chase was an amazing traveler I had lots of things for him to do in the car and a rented portable DVD player also helped. But over all the two of us did alright on the road. We had a cooler in the back with water and snacks so we eat from that durning the day and each way back and forth we stayed in Sydney, NE. We made good time and over all I'm sure I will do it again my only complaint was no cell phone service in the majority of WY so nothing extra to keep me awake when the road got boring. Chase had some funny moments like when we finally made it into NE on the first evening and he asked " Mom what language do they speak in Nebraska". Only chase would like I had taken him to a forgein land of corn and cows :) Over all the trip was great I love the Mid-West and would love to move there someday and I'm sure I will return soon hopefully at fair time next year. Every time I go I get told the best time to come is when the fair is going. So maybe next year when there are not babies waiting to be born in my department but that is another story for the next post. More to come soon.

No comments: